Gerald Davis joined the firm as a Shareholder in February 2006 and is a member of the firm's Executive Board. He concentrates his practice in complex business litigation, creditors' rights, family law, and FINRA securities litigation.
- Represented lender in complex foreclosure of partially built 7,500 seat multi-purpose arena.
- Represented former owner of multi-location restaurant chain in defense of class-action.
- Represented spouse in contested collection of multi-million dollar equitable distribution in a family law matter.
- Represented financial services individual client in a FINRA securities arbitration.
- The Florida Bar
- Business Law Section
- Family Law Section
- Grievance Committee, Past Chair
- American Bar Association
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Shorecrest Alumni Association
- Executive Committee
- Past President
- Carlton Manor (a non-profit agency providing residential mental health treatment)
- Board of Directors, 1995-present
- Phillip Benjamin Tower
- Board Member, 2015 - present
- Suncoast Voices for Children Foundation (a non-profit foundation supporting the Guardian Ad Litem and dependent children in Pinellas and Pasco counties), Outside General Counsel, 2004-2005
- Leadership St. Petersburg, 1995
- Project H.E.L.P (Homeless Experience Legal Protection)
- St. Pete's Promise Leadership Committee
- "Temporary Alimony - Award & Modification," Author, St. Petersburg Bar Association Paraclete, March/April Issue, pg. 10-11
Mr. Davis has spoken at numerous mortgage foreclosure seminars before attorneys, bankers, realtors and appraisers.
HONORS & DISTINCTIONS
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell (holds highest rating)
- The Best Lawyers in America (Commercial Litigation) 2013-2016
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2009-2016
- Florida Trend Legal Elite 2004, 2007, 2008
- Tampa Bay Business Journal Who’s Who (Law), 2005
- Guardian Ad Litem Community Advocate of the Year Award for the Sixth Judicial Circuit (given by the Florida Statewide Guardian Ad Litem Office of the Governor for outstanding community advocacy for abused and neglected children of Florida), 2005
University of Florida Levin College of Law (J.D., with honors), 1988
Emory University (B.B.A. in Finance), 1985
United States District Court, Middle District of Florida