Lara Roeske Fernandez is a Shareholder and leader of the firm’s Bankruptcy, Creditors' Rights & Insolvency Practice Group. Lara is Board Certified in Business Bankruptcy. Lara’s clients include financial institutions, fiduciaries/trustees and private equity groups in the areas of business reorganizations, trustee representation, bankruptcy litigation, commercial foreclosures and workouts, and loan modifications. Lara also serves as a Chapter 11 trustee and liquidation trustee. Prior to joining Trenam, Lara served as the judicial law clerk for the Honorable Alexander L. Paskay, Chief Bankruptcy Judge Emeritus, Middle District of Florida, from 2001 through 2004, and for a year after graduating from law school.
- Representation of lenders, landlords, individual, other financial institutions in bankruptcy, federal court and state court commercial foreclosures, receiverships, and general civil litigation.
- Defends creditors and other third party debt collectors against alleged violations under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act, and other consumer collection statutes.
- Advises clients on regulatory issues related to consumer protection statutes including FDCPA, TCPA, and FCCPA.
- Represents judgment creditors in collection matters, including domestication of foreign judgments, garnishment, replevin, and proceedings supplementary.
- Extensive representations of Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 trustees and examiners in multifaceted bankruptcy cases and currently serves as Chapter 11 trustee, herself.
- Represented Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 trustees in bankruptcy cases that included multiple appeals to both the District Court and 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Represents purchasers of assets in bankruptcy setting and other distressed sales outside of bankruptcy, including note purchases.
- Mediator for bankruptcy disputes.
- The American Board of Certification
- Divisional Advisory Board of Directors,Synovus Bank
- Local Rules Lawyers Advisory Committee, United States Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida
- Tampa Representative, 2014-present
- Tampa Bay Chapter, Federal Bar Association, Member
- Board of Directors, 2015-present
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association, Member, 1998-present
- Past Chair and President, 2011-2013
- Executive Board, 2009-2013
- Board of Directors, 2007-2013
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member, 2006-present
- Advisory Board, Judge Alexander L. Paskay Seminar, 2013-present
- Speaker at American Bankruptcy Institute
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation, 2012-present
- Florida Network Member
- The Florida Bar, Business Law Section, 1997-present
- Emory University Alumni Association, Tampa Chapter, 1996-present
- "Ask a Lawyer" Program, Christ the King, 2015-present
- Girl Scouts of West Central Florida
- Troop treasurer and project coordinator, 2008-2015
- Tampa Bay United
- Team Manager U13, U14, U15 girls, 2013-2015
United States District Courts, Middle, Northern, and Southern Districts of Florida
United States Court of Appeals for Eleventh Circuit