Stephanie C. Lieb represents businesses and financial institutions in matters related to bankruptcy, creditors' rights and insolvency. She joined the firm in 2008 and became a Shareholder in 2013. From 2006-2008, Stephanie served as the judicial law clerk to the Honorable Catherine Peek McEwen, and acting judicial law clerk to the Honorable Michael G. Williamson, in U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida, Tampa Division.
Stephanie represents clients in a wide array of matters in the bankruptcy, creditors’ rights and insolvency arena. These engagements have included representation of:
- Financial institutions in commercial foreclosures of real and personal property, loan workouts and restructuring, and defending lender liability counterclaims.
- Financial institutions in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings, including stay relief, post-petition financing, dismissal, and sales of assets.
- Secured and unsecured creditors in Chapter 7, Chapter 11, and Chapter 13 cases.
- Chapter 11 debtors in reorganizations, liquidations, and sales of assets.
- Chapter 11 liquidating/distribution agents.
- Purchasers of assets in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 cases.
- Defendants in preferential and fraudulent transfer proceedings.
- Chapter 7 Trustees in fraudulent and preferential transfer proceedings, and dischargeability proceedings.
- Petitioning creditors in involuntary Chapter 7 cases.
- Judgment creditors in collection matters, including domestication of foreign judgments, garnishment, replevin, and proceedings supplementary.
- Creditor defendants in Fair Debt Collection Practices Act/Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act cases.
- Landlords in eviction actions.
- The Florida Bar, Business Law Section
- Active member, 2008-present
- Continuing Legal Education Committee Chair, 2015-present
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Board of Directors, 2013-2016
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Tampa Bay Hispanic Bar Association
- J. Clifford Cheatwood Inn of Court
- Hillsborough County Bar Foundation, Board of Trustees, 2016-present
- Academy of the Holy Names, Board of Trustees, 2009-2014
- Chair, Marketing and Public Relations Committee, 2012-2014
- Secretary (Executive Committee), 2010-2012
- Villa La Paz Foundation (a center for destitute and sick children in Peru), Supporter
- Philanthropic Women of St. Joseph's Hospital, Volunteer, 2015
- Loyola University School of Law (J.D.,cum laude), 2006
- Law Review
- William Crowe Award, Graduated in top 10% of class
Tulane University (B.S. in Business, B.A. in Spanish), 2003
United States District Court, Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth and Eleventh Circuits