Gary Teblum has been with the firm since 1979 and became a Shareholder in 1984. He is the co-leader of the firm's Business Transactions Practice Group. His practice includes mergers & acquisitions, corporate law, limited liability company law, commercial law, executive compensation, asset-based lending, corporate, partnership and LLC Taxation. Gary's practice also includes the financing of business entities, including venture capital, general corporate representation, going public (IPOs), intellectual property, technology and software license agreements, lending and financing transactions, partnerships, limited liability companies and joint ventures, private placements, public company mergers and public company acquisitions, public company representation, securities compliance and reporting, state and local taxation, and unsecured lending.
- Represented large Florida-based multi-office primary medical care practice and certain affiliated managed care companies in the sale of their businesses to a major regional primary health care provider and managed care operator headquartered in Florida.
- Represented multi-specialty health care clinic operating on the west coast of Florida in its sale to a healthcare insurance company.
- Represented Florida-based company owning and operating multi-unit health clubs throughout the United States in connection with complex restructuring and securing private equity capital infusion.
- Represented one of the key owners of a commercial office janitorial contractor operating on the West Coast of Florida in connection with such owner’s interest in the sale of the janitorial contracting business to a strategic buyer operating a commercial janitorial contracting business in the eastern United States.
- Represented a Florida-based packaging manufacturer in the comprehensive refinancing of its revolving and term loan credit facilities with a banking institution headquartered in South Florida.
- Represented a banking institution headquartered on the west coast of Florida in the comprehensive refinancing of revolving and term loan credit facilities to a large seller and servicer of document imaging equipment.
- Represented a Florida-based distance learning company in the acquisition of a distance learning company based in the northeastern United States that complements the acquiring party’s business.
- American Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Corporations, Securities and Financial Services Committee, Past Chair
- Legislation Committee, Chair
- Florida Third-Party Opinions Report, Co-Reporter
- Optimist Club of Tampa
- Congregation Kol Ami
- Board of Directors
- Past President
- TOP Jewish Foundation
- Vice President, Legal
- Optimist Club of Tampa Youth Fund
J.D., cum laude, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1979
-Law Review, editor
B.S., high honors, University of Delaware, 1976
-Phi Kappa Phi, Beta Gamma Sigma, Omicron Delta Kappa